Monday, October 6, 2008

A year of Jubilee


ie: mother- in- loves 50th birthday as she liked to call it. Yes, I promised (maybe even sweared) that there would not be anything BLACK or out of line. Gee, I can't imagine what ever she could mean. Me? The designated organizer not celebrating in style?

Well, as you can see I didn't get away with much!


Pink and more pink with a touch of silver is what I got away with. Thanks to the guys for putting up with the nauseating decor- that of course didn't go without a few Pepto-Bismol comments. I guess I was afraid of what my retaliation might look like. That's the trouble with having birthdays so close together... there isn't enough time to forget -even if you are 50.

Everyone was asked to bring a piece of pink fabric, of course, that will be turned into a very special quilt sewn by "the pink hat lady" herself.



Thanks to Mrs. Cotton who shared the cake recipe (3 years ago for a very special little girl's shower) and who almost got a call to bail me out on having to make a three layered, don't have that size or shape pans, fresh strawberries inside and out with homemade icing, and a never before seen recipe. OH, yeah not to mention garnish with fresh strawberries that leak, and eventually run off the cake yummy goodness. Everyone seemed to like it but me- then again we are our own worst critic, aren't we.

1 comment:

Holly Renee said...

such a great family pic! great idea with the pink! someone else is coming up on a bday here soon.....miss you much, friend! luv ya!


Free Hit Counter VISITORS