Sunday, January 6, 2008

The first gift...

The first gift of Christmas eve (at about 12:30 a.m.) was delivered to me as I was getting ready for some shut eye. I looked down and said, "What's this?" James proceeded to tell me, "It's Christmas eve so you get to open a gift!" With a puzzled look on my face I opened the bag- inside was 2 magazine clippings of snow, jackets, luggage and a little map of Ohio. I had been asking and even begging for us to get away- and that is exactly what we were going to get to do!

We had lots of fun on our trip to Ohio to see our good friends the Brown's. We got to meet the newest member of their family- Madison, and we went to the Columbus Zoo which was decked out with tons of lights, and light on the animals. We also got to go snow tubing (which was my first time-and I absolutely loved it), we ate at almost all the yummy restaurants, and played SPADES! :-)






The funniest part of the whole trip was not caught on camera however. We helped repaint the B's kitchen and my husbands' shoe, sock, and pant leg. You see I didn't get a picture because I couldn't stop laughing at how silly he looked when he lost his balance on a wiggly ladder and landed straight in the bucket of paint. Then my tears of laughter soon turned into panic/stress mode when the B's family dog decided to see what all the laughing was about and stepped right into the spilled paint, and then proceeded to walk all over the white rug under the table. It sure was a mess but no one can't say we didn't have fun! Yes! Even the shoe in the bucket painter has laughed!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

I can't tell you how excited I am that you are blogging!! I was looking over my blog and MOST of my comments are from you guys. We're so blessed that you think coming to see us is a vacation. We love you!


Free Hit Counter VISITORS